20 Oct 2011

Thursday

Well it's been another lovely day in the life and times of Christine.

I went down and put my application in for the allotment this morning, which was a totally painless process, taking all of 4 minutes. Now I just have to sit back and wait.

I spent half an hour rushing around trying to find current utility bills to prove name and address, as stipulated in the council paperwork, so that I could collect my new recycling bins and when I pulled into the yard, the security guy simply told me to write my name and address on his form and take the bins. They just fitted into the car with a bit of a squeeze and off I went to the next stop, the supermarket.

A quick scurry around for more dog food and a pack of mincemeat and I was out before the rush started.

Next it was a drive into town to tour the charity shops and see what bargains were to be had. I didn't do too badly actually, picking up 4 books for a total cost of £3.04
I know its tempting fate to buy the Allotment and the Chicken books, but I'm working on the principle of trying to control fate rather than just let it happen. Hope it works.


Finding the Feng Shui book was karmic because Jules popped round for a quick coffee last night and four hours later she went home. She was texting me at half past one this morning. Anyway, we were discussing Feng Shui and she decided that I have too many right angles in my house and need to get bendy rather than angular, so when I spotted the book today I knew I had to buy it.
The crafting book was a bonus.
I also started looking for a little part time job today. It's very nice not having to do anything all day everyday but it can become a bit boring now and again, so I need something to occupy my time. Otherwise, I will continue to do silly things like this.....

Yep, the Monkey is still alive and well, ha ha. Despite having it's ears chewed off by the dog.

This afternoons walk was lovely, the sun was out and shining brightly, the weather was cold and I was wrapped up like Nanook. Sitting on my log, watching the dogs running around and then lying back with my head on a sticky up bit of the log to gaze skywards through the branches of the tree and think of absolutely nothing.

Who was it said that I have a great life?
I think you are right
Bye for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...