19 Oct 2011

Wednesday

Good god it's cold today. I think it's about time to dig out the woolly hats, scarfs and gloves and go buy some more boots, ready for the winter.

Laying in the bath this morning I was looking around the bath room trying to decide what to do next with the far east transformation and looked at my bare light bulbs. Then it struck me that I have half a bamboo window blind in the shed that I can turn into two lamp shades. Now I just need to find two of those metal light fittings to fix into the top of my new shades.

Joe called to me as I was getting in the car to say that he had spoken to his guy about the allotments and I have to go to the welfare tomorrow morning to fill in the application form. Fingers crossed.

I watched the latest episode of Sons of Anarchy and was depressed at the end when Juice hung himself. Why is it that all my favourite characters get killed? Poor Juicey, I hate that new ATF guy, it's all his fault. Can't wait for him to get his comeuppance.

I did a little bit of crafting today when I decided that I needed a new keyring and a stool, so that I can reach the top of the kitchen cupboards. The keyring I made from some old electrical wire and liked the yellow/Green one best, so that has been put into use. Here's a link to scoubidou techniques if you fancy having a go yourself


I found a pile of old garden decking just inside the shed door, so I with the help of a few screws I turned it into a little hop up. It's a bit on the heavy side but hey, it works a treat.

Two months ago, everyone around here received a flyer from the local council offering free delivery of recycling bins and boxes. As yet, they still havent been delivered, so I went to my email to find out exactly when I had mailed them initially to take them up on their offer and give them hell for not delivering them yet. oops, I mispelled their email address. Ah well, looks like I will have to go and get them myself now.

I went to do a little grocery shopping and picked up some spring onions. Looking at the price, 55p,  I was in two minds as to put them back or take them. I decided to take them.
Getting back into the car I decided to pop in the DIY shop because they sell dog baskets pretty cheaply. When I pulled up outside the shop, I found that it was closed. Half day closing. Rather than being miffed I was really happy. It's nice to see that at least some businesses hold onto tradition and observe half day closing on a Wednesday.
On the way home I remembered that I had forgotten to buy milk so called at the shop at the top of the road. Sping onions were only 19p. Typical. So I bought another 2 bunches.

I pulled the window blind up in the kitchen to clean my window and looked at all the acorns that I have collected this year. Crikey Ive gone mad with foraging. Way too many. So I dropped a load of them into an old pasta jar and a flower vase and made a couple of ornaments for the window ledge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...