19 Dec 2011

Busy Busy Busy

I was so busy yesterday that I didn't get the time to write my blog and I think it will be like this for the rest of the week. Yesterday I was busy pulling up the remainder of the beetroot and pickling them for sometime next year. Cutting the leaves of Spinach which are still sitting in the ground and throwing all the withered and half eaten ones into the hole in my garden.
I made some chocolates to give as Christmas stocking fillers and found a suitable box in my craft room, which I then made into two separate ones.
The white chocolates are pure sugar rush. I know they are because I tried one or two. Or three. Maybe more, I can't remember to be perfectly honest but there are still enough left over to give as presents so all is well. White chocolate, candied peel, marzipan centres, brandy and icing sugar.



In between making the chocolates, I did a couple of hours of studying because I have only done lesson one so far and all 6 lessons have to be in by 29th December. I'll make it.

Had chicken for Sunday dinner and I used the carcass to make a stock base for Christmas dinner. The remainder of the meat was turned into dog food, chicken and mushroom pies, sandwiches for tomorrow lunch, cold meat to go with the fry up for tonight's evening meal and the rest is reserved for a curry later in the week. The legs I removed before cooking and popped in the freezer.

I was brought up on Christmas starting 6 days before and 6 days after. What relevance it has to anything I don't know and don't particularly care, but Christmas in my house has officially started.
I escaped from work just after lunchtime to take Mum down to the butchers to reserve our meat supplies for Christmas dinner, prior to nipping over the community centre to join in with the Women's group.
Later in the week, I haven't decided which day yet, I will escape from work again so that I can wander around town for a few hours, do my Christmas present shopping, listen to the brass bands playing carols and soak up the seasonal atmosphere.
I need to keep a close eye on the reduced sections this week and see if I can pick up some Salmon and Asparagus spears for the starter. Might be a difficult task that one, but as usual I remain forever optimistic.

It sounds like we will be decorating the office tomorrow. Nope, not with festive bunting, but with left over paint. When i arrived in work on Friday, having not been in on Thursday I was told that they had painted it. I made comment that I couldn't tell the difference so we are doing it again. hee hee.

Well, Strictly has finished for another year, so nothing to watch on TV on a Saturday any more. My favourite two dances of the series were Holly Valance doing the Charleston, which wasn't her best one but I enjoyed it



and Chelsee Healey on Saturday doing the rumba


1 comment:

  1. Lovely to have an update, you have been SOOO busy.

    I will also be keeping a close eye on the reduced section and make a special visit on Christmas eve. Hopefully there will be lots worth buying then, last year we got loads and it saved us a fortune.

    We'll have to see.

    Your chocolates look delicious. My niece makes them also but I'm trying not to eat too much unhealthy stuff at the moment.

    Take care and don't work too hard.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...