29 Oct 2011

Saturday

Today's Weather To Do ListView From My Window
DrearySew new dogs bed


Today's view from my window

When I moved into this house I had a huge hole at the bottom of the garden. The couple who lived here previously had a fish pond and took it with them when they left, leaving an 8' x 6' x 6' hole
Jules and I filled it in as much as we could but ran out of soil, so put slabs and gravel in the bottom and made it into a fire pit, where we sat and drank wine during the summer.
A friend of mine was going to come and deck the whole area but has fallen ill and now it won't be done until after Christmas, so  I took the slabs out and made a temporary path to prevent trailing mud up to the house over the winter months.

After I returned from the dump it site this morning I opened the shed in search of clutter to recycle and found an old duvet, pillow cases and cover.
They have now been turned into a new bed for one of the dogs, which I think he likes because he sat by the sewing machine all the time I was making it and jumped straight on when I threw it on the floor and promptly nodded off.






The pillow cases were just the right size across the bottom of the doors so now they are draught excluders. I made two of these, one of which has an old hand towel as filling and the other one is full of off cuts of material, old socks and knickers. Well you know, I had to have a go at this "Getting rid of 1 thing a day" and it seemed to satisfy the criteria of decluttering whilst being in keeping with my penchant for hoarding. Once we get to spring time I can remove the off cuts and put them back in my scrap box, ha ha.
The fan inside my computer is not a happy bunny and I assume it is calling out for a good clean. The last time I was brave enough to take the computer apart it looked like this.
This is the reason I like foraging in skips. My trip to the dump it site uncovered this cute little stool.
You can't tell me that I should have left it there. Can you? It's lovely and will look fantastic in my bathroom after I have cleaned it up a bit.













Well, the dog's have had a good run, been fed and are settling down for, oh I don;t know, two and a half minutes maybe and it's time I made something for tea and sat down to watch Strictly. Who is going to win do you think?


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your day Christine. I love the dog bed and draught excluder you made.

    AND THE STOOL IS BEAUTIFUL. WHAT A TREASURE!

    I love seeing what your doggies are up to? LOTS OF FUN! YEAH!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...