11 Dec 2011

New Job

Why it took so long I just don't know, but my fear of losing control of my life were totally unfounded. I don't lose control of anything do I? I either choose to hand over control to someone else or I keep it.
Well, I have kept it. I accepted the job and made a decision over how to fit it in with my lifestyle rather than vice versa.
At present, I am working full time but in the new year I will be going part time or packing the job in. At the moment I haven't decided and the outcome depends to some extent on the response I get from my employer with regard to their methods. Anyway, enough of that.

Today I have been making door curtains to keep out the draught and another draught excluder for the dining room door.I can't believe just how much warmer it is in the house with the door curtain fitted. I have had to turn the thermostat down to make it comfy.
The open fire idea has been shoved to one side permanently after i remembered how much heat is lost through the chimney. I will bide my time until I find a log burner.

Hiding in the bushes along the side of the field is a pallet which I keep meaning to pick up and bring home. Yesterday I finally decided to drag it out of the bushes and drag it up the track into my garden, but when I lifted it I discovered that the kids around here are crafty. The pallet was obviously part of their den because they had it secured to a tree with a padlock and chain hee hee. I left it where it was, bless them.

When I was in Matalan last week I spotted this piggy bank and instantly thought "Yes! The perfect sealed pot" The problem was the price. It would have taken me a month to recover the purchase price before the coppers started to count.

You wouldn't think that Rhubarb was too hard to find would you? but I can't find anyone who has rhubarb growing in their garden so that I can get a root from them for my own garden.

My dogs have gone traitor on me. I came home on Friday lunchtime to do some work from home and whilst I was sat at the computer, the dogs both got up and headed for the back door. The key turned in the lock and my friend walked in dressed in her woollies and wellies, ready to take the dogs out for their lunchtime walk as she has been doing every day since I started this job.
The dogs were jumping up and down and as soon as the leads were on, they were out of the house without even a glance backwards at me to see if I was going too. It reminded me of a recent episode of wife swap that I saw on TV where one of the wives told the husband, "It was horrible when my kids called the nanny Mummy"
"Waaaaaahhhhhhhh"

Last night I opened a bottle of wine with the intention of having a single glass whilst I was laying in the bath with the candles burning and soothing music playing softly in the background. I finished the whole bottle and started to regret it at 11pm. I either need to drink more often or leave it well alone.
I haven't been in a charity shop for nearly a month now. I really must make the time or I will no doubt be missing all the bargains. Maybe I will visit tomorrow as I am out and about with work.

Hope you all had a great weekend and have a good week ahead.

2 comments:

  1. Glad the job is going well.

    Loved the sealed pot.

    Whoopsie about the wine.

    Great post as always!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the job has not left you with regret, as you were worried about.
    I'm going to have to learn how to make some curtains myself - the cost of having them done seems criminal.
    Glad to see you back.
    Dan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...