12 Dec 2011

New Week - New Ideas

I stayed in the office for most of the day and didn't leave until 3pm in order to do a client. Tomorrow I shall be in there ALL day without escape due to one member of staff being away. It's not as bad as it sounds though because with just the two of there and not much passing trade we have planned to manufacture a batch of hand scrub and some moisturiser, so we should be able to pass the time.
I also designed some promotional literature today and am waiting for it to be printed so I can spend an hour or two tomorrow chatting with my colleague to see what else we can come up with to increase business in our favour. It would appear that I am not alone in my reservations about the quality of this employment.
Tomorrow will also be a little bit of a first for me because I have decided to catch the bus into work. I think I mentioned previously that the last time I got on a bus it cost me 2 pence for the journey. Luckily I have a free months travel pass. Well actually I have 3 of them so it seems a shame to waste them and as my fuel tank is nearly empty in the car, I can use the money that I would have spent on fuel and split it 50/50 between my sealed pot and Christmas goodies.

Reading back over that last paragraph I ought to mention that the term, 'Do a client' refers to on line tutoring as opposed to a quickie in travel lodge. Just thought I would clear that one up before we go any further.

I actually managed to get into a charity shop at lunchtime and nearly came out with a lovely Chinese tea pot, but left it on the shelf. There were also two gorgeous silk dresses but as is usually the case with Chinese silk dresses, they don't come in sizes above 8. Now if only they had been the same pattern, maybe I could have got them onto the sewing machine and done something funky with them. Or completely ruined them. We shall never know.

A couple of things caught my eye on TV this evening.
The return of It's a Knockout.
Jimmy's Grow Your Own Christmas.......and the ridiculous complaints (in my humble opinion) over the birth of a polar bear in a Dutch animal sanctuary which was supposedly filmed in the arctic.
I don't see as it matters where it was filmed, it was still in context with the program and showed a baby polar bear being born. Awwwwww, sweet.
Maybe the complainants would like to apply for film crew on the next shoot and they can be the one to go inside with Mummy bear to adjust the camera angle whilst she is giving birth. I suspect not.
To my knowledge, polar bears do not have the calming effects of gas and air during child birth and even if they did, we all know that even that chemical concoction is insufficient when it comes to keeping us calm as we get the little bugger out. An intrusion by some wally who wants to disturb her last ditch effort in the name of cinematic truth, is only going to get his head chewed off at the neck to give baby bear something to nibble on whilst Mummy sleeps it off.
Tomorrow they will be complaining that the veg grown on Jimmy's farm was harvested before the 12 days of Christmas and so does not accurately portray a Christmas lunch.

Dan - Don't be fooled or misled by my apparent skills on a sewing machine. Here's the door curtain that I threw together. It's purely functional, rather than beautifully stitched and lined. But it works a treat when it comes to keeping the draughts at bay. No hat, scarf and gloves required.

SFT - I still haven't ruled out going back for the piggy bank, I love it.



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...