25 Sept 2011

Crafty

Having decided to get crafty, I lay in the bath thinking about things and realised that the Niece room, aka spare bedroom is now redundant and would make a fantastic work space. So I now have to turn it into something resembling a craft room.Here it is...

I have set myself, one simple rule and the rule is that anything I make, including the fit out of the room has to be from recycled products and totally free of charge. I am not allowed to pay for anything, including consumables such as glue. Hee hee, gonna be difficult eh? The rule may have to change but I will at least give it a try.

I have worked out how to make dyes though. Tannin from acorns and the juice from boiled blackberries being the staple. If I make lots of it now whilst the blackberries on the bushes are not good enough for eating and the acorns are a plenty, I can bottle the home made dye in empty bottles and store them in the cupboard (which I haven't made / recycled yet) in the craft room, also unmade as yet.

Tomorrow morning I will start informing friends and family that I need their junk and not to throw it away without first asking me if it's of any use. Anything that I can't use I will ferry to the tip myself and do a bit of skip diving whilst I'm there to find some interesting bits and pieces.

I also have piles of stuff in my shed which I can list on the freecycle web site and I reckon I can collect quite a bit of good stuff from there as well, which should satisfy my rule of all products must be free of charge.

Strange how such a simple project can get me all excited. Must be the child in me.

Stay tuned to find out what rubbish I end up making from rubbish.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...