26 Sept 2011

Library

I had heard of these things in the past but never actually seen one, so when I found out that I have one practically on my door step, I had to go and have a look.

Behold, the Telephone Box Library




Now this concept wouldn't work just anywhere. Certainly in the village I live, some idiot would have set fire to it long ago. Basically there is no lending card, you simply take a book or books and read them. Hopefully people will return them when they are through and I took along some books to leave in exchange. What a great idea.

Not only did I discover this little secret but as I stepped out of the 'Library' I heard something crunch underfoot and saw an Almond still in its casing. My eyes lit up. If it was still in its pod then it had to have fallen from a tree didnt it? Oh YESSSS
It had indeed and the tree is right next to the library. What a result. Right there scattered all over the floor, ALMONDS GALORE, WHOOHOOOOOO
So I filled my pockets and headed back home with new reading material and a bunch of almonds to press for oil and dry out to use in baking and snack time.

Also today I made a start with my crafting hobby. Scouring the house for odds and ends to recycle I found a bag of wool and thought, what better way to start than by returning to childhood and making a Pompom. So that's exactly what I did. Once finished I didn't have a clue what to do with it so I hung it on the wall in the lounge.

Like it? hee hee



...and so begins many hours of recycling rubbish into things that I have no idea what to do with.


     See you tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...