14 Nov 2011

Monday

Today's post is a little bit of all sorts as I wind my way through Monday, by way of the written word and high quality photographs for the entertainment of my followers and anyone else who happens to trip over their feet and land at my door step.

Welcome to Anne over at Azza's Blather and thank you for deeming me worthy of your attention. I now have 7 followers. I'm jealous of your cottage by the way but if that photo on your blog header is not really your cottage, don't tell me. Let me stew and live in blissful ignorance.

I think about it and it happens - but not always the way I expect or want it to. Last night I was measuring 200 fluid ounces of milk and thought to myself
"I really must buy a measuring jug in fluid ounces rather than having to convert all the time"
Later on, I was drying one of my Pyrex jugs, dropped it on the floor and smashed it. Now if that isn't fate decluttering, I don't know what is. It's like I'm not allowed to have another measuring jug unless I really need one.
I also broke my pedal bin. It's now a 'Lift the lid by hand bin'. Not quite sure how that event fits in with 'think it and it happens' though because I didn't want a new pedal bin, I was quite happy with the one I have. WAS, being the operative word.
I now have a plastic jug showing millilitre's for 30p

Woohoo I made my first two sales on Amazon and netted a grand total after deductions, of........ £1.18p
This time next year Rodders.
I celebrated this success by visiting the charity shops after collecting my new specs and picked up a couple of nice items. I found another little trinket bowl and 4 little casserole dishes which I am going to use as salt and pepper bins.


Town was great today. I helped a lady out by completing a survey and was given a free pen and there were four guys stood in the precinct playing music. They were quite good actually so I grabbed a coffee and sat and watched them for an hour as they played some lovely music ranging from "I did it my way" right through to Salsa tunes. When I started to get a bit cool, I dropped £5 into their collection bin and thanked them for entertaining me and letting me video them. Yeah I know "FIVE POUNDS WOMAN. Are you mad?"

Amazon profit £1.18
Charity shopping £3.25
Entertainment Fee £5.00
Deficit £7.07 (Frugal Fail)

I haven't quite got the hang of this frugal lifestyle have I? Lets just put it down to a very happy mood and me feeling benevolent. Anyway without further ado please welcome to the stage, The Cheapside Quartet. There were 4 of them honest, I just didn't get them all in shot.



When I went to Maplins to get a new bulb for my torch the guy had to check to see if they actually sold that type of bulb. Whilst he was looking through his book, I popped my shopping bag on the counter and instantly I was threatened with being shot for entering an exclusion zone by a two foot tall robot with flashing eyes and a rather menacing attitude.

Mops - the floor mop that I have is one of those bog standard tiny things, that scrapes the floor where the mop head joins the handle and sheds its string each time that I use it and the flipping thing is destroying my will to live. I want one of those industrial size mops that cleans half the room on each sweep of the head. That's a mop.

Can I ask the folks who are following this drivel if they tick the box for follow up comments on posts, or check back to see if I answered? I noticed that a lot of people answer comments within their next posts and if that's the preferred method, I will start doing it so that no one thinks that I'm ignoring them.

After my sparkling success as an Amazon seller I decided I should go the whole hog and become a shop owner at eBid as well, so I was up until the wee hours of the morning (again) making accounts over at eBid and then at PPPay, as that is their preferred payment method. I have more flipping online payment accounts than I do current accounts, savings accounts and ISA's added together. What's the world coming to?

And finally, I have the okay from one of my neighbours about me keeping a couple of chickens. Now I just need to have a word with the other one.

Food Spend £1 for half a dozen oranges, 4 lemons and 2 limes to make candied peel for Christmas cake and presents.


4 comments:

  1. Excellent news on the chickens.

    Those casserole dishes are a beautiful blue, who could resist!

    Mr Sft and I enjoyed the band.

    Oh, and I work with 5 year olds so I love random.

    Just loving your posts!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have those identical little casserole bowls, they are very useful, mine were a pound each (I only have 2 though). I use and abuse mine, putting them in the freezer and in the oven regularly. Very useful for making little individual puds and things in.
    Yes, I always click the 'subscribe by email' button and personally answer in the comments rather than in the next post on my own blog. I find it easier that way, although I am sure I occasionally offend by forgetting someone.
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I won't tell you the cottage on my header page isn't mine!

    I usually just answer any questions on my blog, or I go to that person's blog and answer there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I answer in the comment section or as Anne does go to that person's blog. Do whatever you prefer there is no set rule. I'm sure that is the same quartet that played in our town centre. They must travel around. I keep trying to find words using your bold letters that start each paragraph! None today.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...