31 Oct 2011

Dull Day

Today's Weather:
Dull

View From My Window:
Each morning I stand at one of my windows with my first coffee of the day and look out in order to get some inspiration for the day ahead..
Today I looked at the wind chimes and realised that they have never done what they said on the tin. Not a peep from them, Not even in the strongest wind.
I think I made them too heavy.
I did adjust them so that they were closer together but still, nothing.
That dead plant needs chucking in the compost bin as well.

We didn't make it to the charity shops this morning because I couldn't be bothered. Just one of those mornings. Instead, I put the radio on and cleaned the house from top to bottom, including the kitchen floor ha ha. It wasn't something I did out of boredom, more the fact that someone really annoyed me this morning and when I am annoyed, I clean.

The Spinach is growing like crazy again so I have been searching for Spinach recipes to try and reduce the supply. If only the cabbage and cauli would come of age I would be fine, but that's not going to happen for a while, if at all.
From the recipes I found there were 5 that appealed to me
  • Smoked haddock & spinach gratin
  •  Bombay Potato and Spinach Pie
  • Spinach baked eggs with Parmesan & tomato toast
  • Chickpea, tomato & spinach curry
  • Spinach pesto pasta with olives
All of the recipes above are on the BBC Good Food Guide website and there are 200 of them to suit all tastes, meat eaters, vegetarians, vegans,everyone.
As for tonight, I am having Haddock with spinach gratin and green lentils.

Yesterday, I ended up with a little pile of Apple and Lemon seeds, which are now dry and I am planting them to see if I can nurture some trees. I am trying to devise a way of making a little Eco system in my craft room. That room fills with strong sunlight from sunrise to 3pm so I must be able to grow something in there over the winter months. Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Out with the dogs at lunchtime I wandered onto the old colliery site, which was planted with trees when it closed. It's always worth looking around to see what you can find so spent an  hour prospecting.

I really need to learn more about mushrooms and I also need to read the booklet for my camera and work out how to do close up photography with it. I am unlikely to identify anything from the quality in the pics below.
I could just uproot them and take them home but I don't really like to do that. It seems wasteful.





2 comments:

  1. Those meals sound delicious! Glad the spinach is doing well.

    Love your dogs!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sft, the little one is poorly. She's on antibiotics for an upset tummy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...