4 Nov 2011

Recycling Challenge Day 3

My recycling challenge for yesterday was completed before midnight and basically involved rounding up all the dogs damaged toys and bagging them up for the dump.
Today's, recycle/ get rid, has been to find a box, a little notepad and the DVD's that were gathering dust in the TV cabinet. Register over at Drop Spot and find a suitable place to use as a drop spot.
Rather than throw things away, or take even more bags of stuff to the charity shop, I thought it might be fun to leave them in a drop spot for someone else to enjoy, free of charge. Maybe they will reciprocate by leaving something for the next person.

Over the next week I have to make up the money that I spent on my craft table. One idea is food shopping.
I will only buy things that are on reduced at the coop. It shouldn't be too difficult as they reduce things at 4pm every day. Should be quite interesting as well to make meals from whatever is available. Kinda like seasonal foods eh :) I think I should be able to do it for under a pound per day. Oh the perils of a Woman with an impetuous nature.

Five more surveys dropped into my inbox this morning. I completed them over lunch and the total points accrued got me another Amazon gift voucher with points left to spare.

The tops are now on my craft table and everything is ready to go just as soon as I move all my stuff in there. I have enough wood left in the shed to make a huge drawer to go under the table top and there are quite a few furniture items being listed on freecycle lately, to provide me with extra storage space and adding a few shelves will leave the work top clear. It looks a bit bare at the moment but once I get everything moved in I will no doubt be wondering where all the space went and screaming "I need a bigger house"





1 comment:

  1. You are doing well with your challenge. Keep it up. The workroom looks pristine. Just wait till you get all your stuff in it! I, too, call in at the Coop reduced section (and Tesco's) and today we had meat and potato pie - cut price of course.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...