2 Nov 2011

Recycling Challenge Day 1

Today's Weather: Dull

View From My Window: Some of my tomato plants are having a last ditch effort to ripen and the other two are dying a death.








It's day 1 of my declutter challenge and yes I did get on with it. I took all the spare bits of wood from my shed and with a little help from my friend, we built the base for my craft room work surface.
Now I just need a top which I think I will have to spend a few pennies and buy, otherwise the room will remain unusable for god knows how long.  
The whole things dismantles easily and stands against the wall just in case I need to drop the bed down (you can see it top left in the photo). I found some more material in the shed that I will make a valance with to face off the table and hide all the boxes of crafting junk that will eventually gather underneath.
Actually I am going to remove the word Declutter, from my vocabulary. It's just not true. I don't declutter, I recycle. I hoard things in my shed until I need them and then I give them a new lease of life. If I ever dismantle the craft room, it will be placed back in the shed and recycled yet again. Look, I even recycled that old stool :) I knew it would come in handy one day.


Tomorrow will be a busy day. I have to buy and fit the table top. Sew and fit the valances. Visit the charity shops. Make tomato chutney. Bake a cake. Visit a friend. Ship my eBay sales. Start work on a business website and decide what to recycle for Day 2 of the challenge.
I still have to decide which wellies to buy as well.

 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...