6 Nov 2011

Sunday in The Kitchen

Walk
My walk up to the lake with the dogs, netted me 2 kilos of apples from which I made,
Apple Juice
Apple Jam
Apple Jelly
Apple Pie
Apple Strudel






Reduced Section

From the Coop reduced section I got, 
Coleslaw 19p
Cheese and Onion sandwich filler 19p
Egg Mayonnaise sandwich filler 19p
Cucumber 10p
2 bags of mixed veg 10p each

Whilst I was making pastry for the apple pies I took the cheese and onion sandwich filler and made pasties. They are now tucked up in the freezer. The egg mayonnaise made a lovely omelette last night and I have half a tub left over for lunchtime tomorrow. Before I started cooking and baking I had to stalk and swat two flies which got the dog all excited and he ran off with my draught excluder. Please don't ask why because after six years I still have no idea what goes through his head.

 Home made Jelly strainer and 1 pint of apple juice.


Recycling
Yesterday, Day 4 I finally got rid of my old vase which the dog broke two years ago and I glued back together.
Go mad
Let Go
OOPS
Told Off
I was going to smash the vase to pieces and use it for a mosaic but decided against it. I have enough craft projects to be going on with.

Today, Day 5 I cleared out my stationary drawer and the box of stationary items which was stored in the shed. It has been years since I sold the business and I still had all that junk taking up space. Not any more.

In other news,  I seem to be having coffee disasters. Yesterday I spun around in my swivel chair, knocked my coffee over and it all ended up in the keyboard on it's way to the floor. Doesn't seem to have damaged it but the keys are harder to press due to the stickiness underneath. Hopefully they will loosen up. If not it's a trip to Tesco for a new one at the princely sum of £2.49
This morning I walked out of the back door with a coffee, tripped over the step and spilt it on the floor. On the way back into the house I caught the mug on the door frame and it went all over my kitchen floor. The dog had more or less licked it all up by the time I got the mop out.

Wrapping a few eBay sales this afternoon I wondered if I would get any negative feedback. It has happened on a couple of occasions over the years due to the fact that I wrap boxed items in old newspaper rather than nice shiny brown paper. Does anyone else use newspaper. Or is it just me?

Well that's it for today. The Sunday roast is nearly ready and the strictly results show will be on in a bit. Hope you all had a relaxing Sunday and a good week ahead.

Total food spend for the week - 77p

3 comments:

  1. Wow! 77p food spend, that's brilliant.

    Christine, I love your posts, they are so interesting and inspirational.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @SFT - Thank you, I'm glad you enjoy them. The 77p is just the start of the week. I am hoping to keep it under a fiver for the whole week. All the items I listed in today's post will make the basis of different meals and I will total it up on Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great food bill and sounds like a lovely day.
    I just bought a weeks shop for under a tenner and I thought I had done well. All full price though. I suppose that is what comes of shopping early on a Monday morning instead of in the evening when the yellow labels come out!
    Love your blog.
    Dan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...