11 Nov 2011

Recycling Challenge Days 9 and 10

I am officially as blind as a bat. The last time I went to the opticians I had 1.5 and 2. Now I have 5 in both eyes. I should get my new specs next weekend and maybe then I will stop dropping stitches when I'm knitting
So far I am doing quite well on the food spend front  and am still managing to eat fantastic meals from my discount buys and my basic supplies cupboard. Yesterday I found pork chops for 75p which made a lovely pork casserole and I still have one left for another meal. This morning I found Goats Cheese for 19p but haven't decided what to do with it yet. Ideas anyone?
Tonight I will have the cheese and onion pasties that I made at the start of the week and that should be enough because I had fish and chips at Mum's when I visited at lunchtime.

The display cabinet that I got the other day has cleaned up lovely, hinges screwed back in, paint removed, had a good old polish and my tea set has been given a new home. Finding that bit of furniture made my week. Little things please little minds eh?


Freecycle is becoming like a second home to me lately as I try to prepare for next year. After running out of space in my freezer a few weeks ago, I decided to get another one and put it in my shed ready for all the produce that I will hopefully be harvesting next year. Yes I am still hopeful that I will get the allotment despite not having heard anything yet.
I have a back up plan in case I don't get it though because I have found some more growing room hee hee.
I am waiting for a reply on a freezer as I write this post.

Recycle challenge update - I used up two cushion covers to make shoulder bags, I will post the pics when they are complete but I just need to find a length of rope to sew into the handles.
I also came across A Thrifty Mrs article about selling old perfume bottles on eBay and as it's another free listing weekend I have listed a selection of mine along with a few other items. Thanks for that little tip.
On the point of things that people buy on eBay, I was a bit miffed to discover that people buy old electrical items even if they don't work and use them for spares or repair. We took 5 televisions to the dump it site yesterday. Damn.


Food spend day 9 - 2 pork chops 75p
Food spend today - Goats cheese 19p

Total food spend for the week so far £3.36

3 comments:

  1. Snap, we had pork casserole today aswell. Your challenge is going great guns. Good luck on the Ebay front.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I did well spending less than £15 on food this week, but you have left me standing. Here in London we don't seem to have the massive reductions on food that people get elsewhere. I suppose there are more people to cater for so less goes past its best in the shop. Congratulations on the cabinet, it is a fantastic find.
    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cabinet looks great!

    Good luck with the new freezer too!

    Your food spending is going really well.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...