7 Nov 2011

Recycling Challenge Day 6

No photos today I'm afraid because I can't find the batteries for my camera.

Recycling Day 6
It was an easy one today, I cleaned out the sink cupboards and got rid of all my practically empty bottles, floor cloths, dusters, worn out scourers that I use for my door steps and all the other stuff that was lurking in there.
However, I did bring more things into the house, so does clearing out the cupboards really count as anything more than general tidying up.

Anti-Recycling
Having cleared out the kitchen cupboard I went down to Mum's to take my knitted blanket squares down and have an hour with her. I think she has been secretly reading blogs about decluttering because I came away with a tea set that used to belong to my auntie, a roll of sticky back plastic and my school pencil case that we found in the bureau.
Filling my house with Mum's stuff is not as bad as it sounds, because she is convinced that she is not long for this world and is frequently trying to empty the house. A few months ago we had to recover an antique child's chair that she allowed an auctioneer to take away. Luckily he understood the dilemma and let us buy it back for the same price that he gave to Mum, so no harm done.

The other thing that came into the house was brought in 15 minutes ago. Last night I spotted an armchair and pouffe on Freecycle.
I went to collect it this morning but we couldn't get it down stairs so had to wait for the ladies husband to come home. IT IS PERFECT.
The only thing that has ever sat in the chair is teddy bears and it's now in my craft room so that I can sit by the window, with the sun streaming in whilst I knit and sew.

Evening meal today was Jacket potato and the remainder of the coleslaw.

Nothing spent on food today
Total food spend for the week - 77p 

1 comment:

  1. I love reading about your days Christine.

    So interesting and well done on the freecycle.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...