12 Nov 2011

Recycling Challenge Day 11

Yesterday I found yet another parcel delivery card in my mail box due to the postie not being able to get into the garden and knock on my door, so this morning I got up earlyish and opened the gate because the card stated that they would try again today.
When I looked out of the window at lunchtime I noticed a huge parcel, fairly rammed into the post box with most of it pointing skyward. "WHAT" I muttered and went out to see if the contents were damaged.
When I got it out of the slot in the postbox, a card fell to the floor. Sorry we couldn't deliver because it needed to be signed for. I could have sworn. Well I did actually but you don't need to read that do you?
So now I have to go into town on Monday to get the other parcel.

I had a lovely walk up and around the fields this afternoon. Armed with my camera and my two new field guides, I set off to do a bit of Mushroom photography to see if I can extend my knowledge and hence my larder.
I found quite a few willing models but knowing my luck they will all be deadly poisonous and every time I walk past them in the future I will be shaking my fist at them and resisting the urge to kick them.













Recycle Challenge Day 11 - Opened an Amazon seller account and listed 16 books and DVDs. If they sell I will be happy because I can build up my Amazon gift vouchers ready for next years Christmas presents, but if they don't it doesn't really matter, I can always swap them at the telephone box library.

The food budget has gone to pot due to me buying a bottle of wine for this evening.
Food Spend for the day -Milk £1.64, 500ml Double Cream 29p, Sottish salmon 99p, Wine £4.99
Total Food spend for the week - £11.27

Evening meal tonight is a warm smoked salmon, dill and goats cheese quiche, with potato wedges.

4 comments:

  1. CAN I COME TO DINNER PLEASE CHRISTINE!

    That sounds delicious!

    Can't wait to hear how you get on with the Amazon Vouchers!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sft - Noooooo, I ate it all. That's right, every last crumb, sorry. :D
    It was delicious so I posted the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dinner sounds absolutely delicious. Some of those mushrooms you photographed look like they would give you a very nasty tummy ache or perhaps worse! I'm very wary of field mushrooms, not that there are any close by to where I live.
    I'm enjoying reading about your daily antics, you write in a way that makes me laugh. :)
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anne= I'm wary of them too. I'm trying to get Paul next door to come and have a walk with me to see which are good and which are lethal but he has his own secret spots that he won't share with me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...